Whether you are seeking a cosmetic dentist or a dentist in Overland Park who can provide general and preventive dental care, we strongly encourage you to learn about all that is offered with Dr. Shane Nelson. Every procedure is performed with aesthetics in mind, ensuring a natural and beautiful smile with each visit.
What cosmetic dental services are available for patients?
At Dentistry by Shane Nelson, DDS, we provide the following aesthetic treatment options for patients to consider to enhance their smiles:
- Professional teeth whitening – our practice stays away from laser, in-office whitening procedures that can cause more harm to the smile than good. Instead, we offer our KoR whitening system, which utilizes custom whitening trays and a proprietary formula of bleaching gel that provides results without causing sensitivity or damage.
- Dental bonding – using a material called dental bonding made of composite resin, Dr. Shane Nelson can fix imperfect teeth and disguise certain cosmetic problems. This material will last several years and can be completed in a single appointment. Composite resin is also used as a filling for cavities.
- Porcelain veneers – patients with imperfections near the front of the smile may also disguise these concerns using porcelain veneers. These are thin facings made to bond onto the front of a tooth to cover a problem. Most patients will enjoy their porcelain veneers for a decade or longer.
- Tooth contouring – if teeth are misshapen or damaged, our dental staff can provide tooth contouring to achieve a more attractive shape to the natural tooth enamel.
- Fountain of Youth dentures – traditional dentures can be problematic for many of our patients. Instead, we welcome patients to visit our facility and learn about the benefits of our Fountain of Youth dentures, which fit precisely and work with the muscles of the face to avoid that sunken-in appearance that comes with years of wearing full dentures.
Discuss cosmetic dentistry with Dr. Shane Nelson today
If you are considering cosmetic dental work or are ready for overall care and attention for your smile, we welcome you to contact our Overland Park, KS, practice to request an appointment. Call (913) 297-7800 to schedule your visit with the friendly front office team at 7001 West 121st Street.Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page