While dentistry today shares many of the same fundamentals as it did in decades past, technology has provided us with an unprecedented ability to provide safer, better dental care. At Dentistry by Shane Nelson DDS, patients in the Overland Park, Kansas area can benefit from a broad array of high tech dental care services that we provide, including dental ozone, digital x-rays, cone beam 3D x-rays, laser therapies, and more.
Why we provide high tech dental care
We haven’t invested in high tech dental equipment and therapies just because they are flashy and new. These novel methods of providing dental care truly enable us to diagnose and treat dental issues with more precision and accuracy than ever before, which leads to increased comfort, enhanced safety, and better patient outcomes. High tech dental care is also more convenient than traditional methods in many ways – rather than waiting for film x-rays to be developed while you wait, we can digitally bring up your x-rays right on the screen next to you in moments.
Modern dental technologies
Some of the many modern dental technologies that we have equipped our office with include:
- Digital x-rays that provide better quality images, more quickly than film x-rays
- Cone beam 3D x-rays (also called cone beam CTs or CBCTs), which provide an extremely accurate picture of your oral structures and facilitate more accurate diagnostics and treatment planning
- Digital dental impressions – in most situations, you can avoid trays and putties!
- K-7 jaw tracking creates a 3D model of your jaw and its movements so we can diagnose and treat disorders such as TMJ
- Myomonitor TENS unit, which stimulates your muscles and provides a variety of benefits such as improved circulation, range of motion, and relaxation
- Waterlase iPlus® laser that enables Dr. Nelson to provide safer, more precise, and more comfortable care for a wide array of soft and hard tissue indications
Schedule your appointment today!
If you have been searching for a “high tech dentist near me” so you can take advantage of all of the benefits that modern dental technologies have to offer, the team at Dentistry by Shane Nelson DDS in Overland Park, Kansas, is here to serve your needs! We invite you to call us today at (913) 297-7800 or book an appointment online.
Share this Article
Back to High Tech Dentistry Page