Technology has truly transformed every aspect of our lives in the last few decades, and the way we provide dental care is no exception. New technologies help Dr. Shane Nelson diagnose and treat patients with unparalleled precision and accuracy.
Below are some of the high-tech dentistry technologies we use in our Overland Park, KS office:
- Dental ozone – used in a variety of treatments to disinfect, prevent decay, and expedite healing and recovery
- Cone beam 3D x-rays – also called a cone beam CT or a CBCT scan, these 3D dental x-rays provide a much more in-depth, accurate picture of what is going on underneath the surface and enable Dr. Nelson to diagnose and plan your treatment more accurately
- Digital x-rays – digital x-rays provide faster, higher-quality images than traditional film x-rays
- CEREC crowns – with CEREC technology, crowns and other restorations can be fabricated in our office while you wait.
- Digital impressions – with digital technology, we can take more comfortable and precise impressions than traditional trays and putties
- Electric handpieces – in contrast to traditional air-driven handpieces, electric handpieces provide smoother, more precise movements and cuts
- Waterlase iPlus® Dental Laser – an incredibly versatile dental laser that can be used for over 80 different indications, including treatment of soft tissues like the gums, hard tissues like the teeth, and bone
- K-7 Jaw Tracking – a sensor technology that allows us to create a 3D representation of your jaw and its movements
- Myomonitor TENS Unit – used to stimulate muscles for relaxation, improved circulation, and improved range of motion
Friendly, compassionate care
At Dentistry by Shane Nelson, you’ll find the rare intersection between state-of-the-art technology and compassionate, friendly care. We are just as committed to making you feel at home in our warm and inviting office as we are to invest in the latest technologies that can help us provide better, safer dental care. If you are in the Overland Park, Leawood, Olathe, Lenexa, Mission, or other surrounding communities, call us today to schedule your appointment and experience the difference in care we provide at Dentistry by Shane Nelson. We can be reached at (913) 297-7800.