Taking care of the smile does not just stop with brushing and flossing. Visiting the dentist regularly for cleanings and evaluations is essential as well. Additionally, patients who choose a dentist who offer biological and holistic dentistry are making the best choice for their smile! Overland Park, KS area dentist, Dr. Shane Nelson, is a professional dentist who has chosen to ensure patients have holistic and biological solutions for their oral health.
What is a holistic or biological dentist?
Dr. Shane Nelson is a holistic and biological dentist because he focuses on not just the smile, but the body as a whole. Procedures that are performed are in the best interests of a patient’s oral health, and he focuses on the use of appropriate materials that are tested, safe, and aesthetic. With a holistic dentist, patients can rest easy knowing that their dentist will never use unsafe or toxic chemicals or materials in the mouth.
What are the benefits of visiting a holistic or biological dentist?
Instead of just taking care of the smile, a holistic or biological dentist will ensure all materials are biocompatible and safe. This means eliminating certain materials used by other dentists, such as silver amalgam fillings, which can be detrimental to one’s overall health. Silver amalgam fillings are commonly used by dentists around the United States, even though studies have shown that they put patients at risk of developing mercury toxicity. Instead, our practice uses composite resin fillings, which are not only safer but are more aesthetic. This is just the beginning of what Dr. Shane Nelson offers. He also provides:
- The use of ozone in conjunction with other therapies for speeding healing and recovery from dental procedures
- Materials in the practice that are safe and effective at treating necessary dental concerns
- Mercury and fluoride-free treatments and materials
- State-of-the-art imaging solutions, including cone beam 3-D scans and digital dental x-rays for less radiation exposure
- Treatment for TMJ and TMD using neuromuscular approaches to provide appropriate relief from discomfort and pain
- Removal of mercury fillings using the SMART method, in which Dr. Shane Nelson is certified
- Conservative techniques of repairing and replacing teeth that are diseased, decayed, or damaged
- A specialized approach that considers the patient’s whole body and not just the smile
- An understanding and appreciation for the oral-systemic connection and how it impacts the patient
When patients work with a holistic or biological dentist such as Dr. Shane Nelson, they will know that they are getting the personalized care they need with the solutions best for their smile and body. Holistic dental care can have a dramatic impact on one’s overall life, including the beauty and health of their teeth and gums.
Schedule an appointment with our holistic dentist today!
Overland Park, KS area patients who are interested in achieving a healthy smile with a dentist who cares about the body as a whole are invited to book a consultation appointment with Dr. Shane Nelson by calling (913) 297-7800. His practice is conveniently located at 7001 West 121st Street and is accepting new patients and families seeking comprehensive dental care.
Share this Article
Back to Holistic Dentistry Page