As a holistic dental practice, the entire team at Dentistry by Shane Nelson, DDS in Overland Park, KS is devoted to providing patients with safe and effective oral health care that incorporates modern technology and scientific advances with natural healing principles. A key component of holistic, or biocompatible, dentistry is understanding the connection between disease of the mouth and a person’s overall health. For example, research has shown that gum disease is linked to an array of serious diseases such as strokes, heart attacks, and more.
The holistic dentistry difference
It is easy to find a dentist who can provide preventive and restorative dental services, but at Dentistry by Shane Nelson, every facet of your oral health care is provided using a holistic, biocompatible approach. For many years, dental practices relied on materials such as mercury amalgam fillings that have the potential to be toxic to the body, as well as methods that left patients with long and painful recovery periods. As a holistic dentist, Dr. Nelson examines the safety of every material and technique he uses to ensure it is not only effective at maintaining and restoring oral health, but that it is also safe for your whole body. This includes services such as:
- Use of biocompatible materials in our mercury- and fluoride-free dental practice
- Safe removal of mercury fillings (Dr. Nelson is a S.M.A.R.T. Certified dentist)
- Digital x-rays and cone beam 3-D scans for precise and accurate imaging
- Laser dentistry to reduce pain and the chance of complications during and after treatments
- Ozone dentistry to promote optimal healing and recovery
- Gneuromuscular approaches to bring balance back to your head, jaw, and neck muscles, which provides relief from issues like TMJ disorder
- Treatment of weak, decayed, or fractured teeth using biomimetic dentistry principles that save your natural tooth and are very conservative.
Experience biocompatible dental care
Whether you are looking for a new dental home for your preventive care needs or have an acute issue that is causing you pain and suffering, Dr. Shane Nelson is here for you. Call our Overland Park, KS office today at (913) 297-7800 to schedule your personalized consultation and experience the difference that holistic dental care can make on your life.