There is a connection between the oral cavity and the rest of the body. What enters the mouth, good or bad, affects the rest of the body. Dentistry by Shane Nelson, DDS in Overland Park, KS offers ozone treatment for teeth to positively impact the mouth and body. Ozone has been used by the medical and dental communities for years.
Ozone Therapy for Teeth
In dentistry, ozone may be used as a gas or in water. As a gas, ozone permeates areas of the mouth that cannot be reached with other treatment methods. The following are uses of dental ozone therapy for teeth:
- Deep cleaning
- Periodontal treatments
- After decay removal
- Before any final restorations
- After tooth extraction
- Tooth pain relief
Ozone therapy is an important tool to battle bacteria and infection. When used in treatments, ozone improves circulation and oxygenation in the treated area to increase the immune system’s response. This destroys bacteria and speeds healing. Medication alone may not fully eliminate bacteria and infections. When compared to other oral treatments, ozone therapy is a more effective method for treating infections, killing bacteria, and disinfecting areas of the mouth. It is a safe, fast, and effective treatment method.
Benefits of Ozone Treatment for Teeth
Ozone is a powerful, beneficial therapy in dental procedures. Additional advantages of ozone therapy include the following:
- Safe – Patient safety is one of our top priorities. Dental ozone is used in low concentrations to ensure its safety for patients. Ozone is produced naturally by the body so, with this therapy, no foreign materials are introduced.
- Effective – Ozone is the most effective treatment for eliminating harmful substances such as bacteria, fungi, and other viruses from the mouth and body.
- No side effects – Since ozone is natural, not foreign, ozone treatment for teeth does not involve adverse side effects.
- Improved healing – Ozone therapy triggers your natural immune response. Used as a treatment or therapy, it improves circulation, oxygenation, and the ability to fight infections to speed the healing process.
- Multiple uses – Ozone has multiple treatment uses for dentistry. It effectively destroys bacteria and improves the healing process.
Share this Article
Back to Ozone Dentistry Page