Everyone deserves a smile they can feel good about. Unfortunately, many adults have teeth that are stained, dark, or even a bit yellow. Dr. Shane Nelson is a trusted dentist helping his Overland Park patients improve their smile and confidence with professional teeth whitening services. Dr. Nelson offers the KoR teeth whitening system, which helps patients achieve dramatic results.
About the teeth whitening procedure
Improving your smile with teeth whitening service is easy and effective. First, your mouth will be examined, and your teeth will be professionally cleaned. This ensures that your mouth is healthy and that there are no underlying or silent concerns. The professional cleaning removes plaque and tartar from the teeth so that the whitening agent can get to work.
Next, patients will receive custom trays and whitening gel. The trays are typically worn while the patient sleeps for about two weeks or until the desired level of whiteness is achieved. Patients keep the custom trays and purchase whitening gel, as needed, to keep their smiles bright.
Benefits of KoR treatment
There is no shortage of teeth whitening products on the market today. However, KoR offers several advantages, including:
- Safe: The at-home trays carefully and gently break up stains on the teeth and remove them while you sleep. There’s less risk of sensitivity than with other treatment systems.
- Comfortable trays: While whitening systems can be purchased in the drug store or off a late-night infomercial, these treatments are not customized to the individual patient. Ill-fitting trays are not only uncomfortable, but they can also cause the whitening gel to leak or spread throughout the mouth.
- Effective: KoR treatment offers excellent results. Many patients have been thrilled to remove stains that they thought were permanent and smile once again with confidence.
Maintaining your sparkling smile
Once you’ve achieved the bright smile you deserve, Dr. Nelson offers several tips to help you keep it:
- Avoid dark foods and beverages. Or, if you can’t kick the coffee habit, drink it with a straw to prevent it from coming into contact with the front of the teeth.
- Brush frequently and always after drinking or eating dark beverages.
- Drink water to help rinse the mouth of food and beverage particles.
Share this Article
Back to Teeth Whitening Page